Allowah is a hospital that provides quality medical and allied health care to children with complex disabilities and health needs. We provide children and their carers with respect, dignity, emotional and spiritual support within a Christian environment in a way that maximises their quality of life.
Our vision is to be a centre of excellence, providing quality child & family centred medical and allied health care, along with physical and spiritual support to children with complex disabilities and health needs. We will be a source of encouragement, education and resources for other providers, and a place that seeks justice and shows mercy in Jesus’ name for children and their families.
Allowah is a modern, bright and light hospital with forty four beds in Dundas Valley, NSW. We care for children and young people up to the age of eighteen who have physical and intellectual disabilities such as genetic or chromosomal disorders, birth trauma, cerebral palsy, head injuries, and conditions acquired after birth. We care for children with complex health care and rehabilitation needs. The multidisciplinary approach to care at Allowah is key to our model of care.
The values of Allowah are grounded in the Christian faith, acknowledging that the Lord our God is one, and that we should love him with all our souls and with all our minds and with all our strength (Mark 12:29,30). Our values shape what we do every day. But what does that look like?
HUMILITY We will:
- seek to meet the needs of others before addressing our own needs; and
- work with a servant heart. Matt 20:25-28
INTEGRITY AND TRUTH We will:
- speak honestly and openly to all with sensitivity and care;
- speak without fear if an error has been made; and
- be slow to judge when mistakes are reported. 2 Cor. 4:1-2
COMPASSION We will:
- show generous care to children and families;
- provide practical assistance in a kind and gentle manner;
- meet the needs of others as soon as we can;
- not rush our services to meet deadlines that don’t put the child first; and
- ensure we have time to care. Col. 3:12, Mark 12:31
JUSTICE We will:
- encourage the abilities of children;
- foster the potential of children to achieve to their capacity;
- support and encourage a workplace that is fair and just; and
- advocate where we can on behalf of children and families. Gen 1:27